Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 27 - Subic Bay...AND CHEESECAKE!

Alright, so today I am going to a place called Subic Bay and I'm going to be there until this coming Thursday...I'm excited. From what my friends have been telling me it's super fun and I'm going with some fun people so I'm thinking it's going to be good!! But I am worried about what I'm going to eat while I'm there. I mean...I guess I could pack up all my apples and carrots and frozen turkey patties etc. But...ugh...I just don't want to go through all the trouble of doing that, 1) because the trip to Subic will take about four hours of driving (hence the cold food will get hot and probably rotten - rotting turkey patties...gross) and 2) I'm too tired to actually go and pack 12 apples and 12 carrots oh and skim milk, and then go dig up a cooler from somewhere for my frozen turkey patties which will invariably defrost and rot because of the hot sun - I guess technically that should go in category one...but my teacher said you should always have a '2' if there's a '1'...so I had to add a 2 to my list...heh stupid english - take that, I'm not capitalizing you, wahahah!

ok...moving on...

So, yeah, still undecided. BUT, and you all should be super proud of me, because I sure am, while we were packing, of which I probably should be finishing up right now - naughty jenny - Mary, one of the girls who shares this house with me (I have got to stop introducing her everytime! heh, just remember her...her name is Mary, she lives in the same house as me and shares my rent along with three other girls - Tami, Abby, and Melissa, all of whom work with me in an orphanage over here for a NGO - and she loves to bake), so yes, anyway, Mary, asked me to pack up the chocolate cheese cake thing that she made last night so that we could all munch on it on the way up to Subic...ugh...like I said on Thursday (click me), I didn't even want to look at it because I thought it would tempt me. But now I have to not only look at it, but "handle" it as I slice it up and pack it away for the trip. BUT...and i'm super proud of myself, mission accomplished and I didn't eat a crumb!!! YAY...super big battle for me, but I overcame it. And with every step forward, I feel I am growing stronger. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am super proud of you! You are doing such a good job not giving in to temptation!!! (I am also proud of you for not capitalizing LOL, since you are a perfectionist and all)

    You really are doing great! Even though it seems like a pain... maybe you should dig up a cooler... it might be hard to eat right while you are gone. But you ARE doing so well... so good luck and have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete