Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 31

Heh, well, I went on a super long walk a few days ago during the hottest time of the day here in the tropical island of the Philippines. A professional biker named "Dexter" even stopped to talk to me during my walk to tell me it was very "mainit" (hot) and I answered with an "oh-oh" which means "yes" in tagalog...heh. I feel so proud that i'm learning a new language...i'm practically fluent! hahaha yeah...not really. heh. But yeah, I woke up with an incredible headache that had begun the night before and everything that the girls cooked this morning like omelets and such made me feel like throwing up. But it's been a whole day now and I think i'm on the mend. I'm going to try to go walking again tomorrow, but just for not as long.

OH and a break-through happened yesterday during my walk - I was out there for two whole hours, right, in the blaring tropical sun and, lo' and behold, I did not get burned...at all! Amazing. I am VERY fair skinned. When I was a little girl I went out in the sun for just a few hours and the next day my entire face puffed up like three times it's normal size all because of too much sun exposure and I couldn't go out in the sun for the entire rest of the vacation! BUT, this time I actually read the directions on the sun block, which was spf 50, and I actually waited 20 minutes once I had put the sunblock on, before going out in the sun, as the directions suggested, and it worked!! Heh...I am revolutionized. This is amazing. I never knew that sunblock actually worked. Who knew that following directions would yield such fabulous, earth shaking results! ;)

Oh, and on another brighter note, while it's been interesting here in subic, I am very much ready to be leaving here tomorrow afternoon and getting back to normal...hopefully my headache will be totally gone by then, too! And I would have had a ton of awesome pictures to put up, but I left my camera cord at home! ugh. stupid jenny. but i'll upload a few once I get back. I guess that's all for now. The diet has been suspended for today...heh...not likeing my lack of discipline too much..at all...it's ruining my vacation, so i really need to learn to deal with this somehow for future vacations. I refuse to let my diet rule my life, but I don't want to allow the lack of a diet to ruin my life either -- and feeling and being fat ruins my life. But anyway, I have taken a temporary retreat, but i'm going to do a whole lot more advancing on my shedding of weight once I get back to Manila and get back to normal! Alright, I'll write when I can, I may not have internet access tomorrow while i"m traveling...later blogging buddies. :)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe a "plan" will be good for next time, but I really hope you don't let it ruin the rest of your time there. Have fun- don't worry, be happy :) I hope that head ache is gone!!!

    Thanks for your encouragement!!! I actually did horrible today... but I'll do better! I HAVE to!

    I can't wait to see your pictures!!! I also LOVE taking pictures, there is something wrong with my camera :( (it's working at the moment so I been posting a couple)

    ReplyDelete