Monday, March 22, 2010

Snack Contemplation...

5:00 a.m. -- Breakfast: 60 oz dried fruit -- 3 prunes, 1/2 pear, 1/2 peach; 6 almonds, 1 cup skim milk

So I'm feeling rather hungry right now - it's currently 8:00 a.m. I'm not sure if it's because I ate a bigger breakfast than usual -- at least calorie-wise it was bigger, but it wasn't bigger in bulk because the fruit was dried...heh dried fruit is totally not as good as hydrated (real) fruit! I'm contemplating whether or not I should make myself a snack....normally I don't eat between breakfast and lunch...I'm considering whether I should listen to my body or listen to my head! Let's see, I'm going to plan out here and now what all I'm going to eat today, and then see if the calories allow for a snack right now:

12:00 p.m. -- Lunch: 3 oz Lean Turkey Burger, 2 pieces whole wheat bread, 16 oz water
3:00 p.m. -- Snack: 40 oz dried fruit (110 calories), 6 almonds, 12 oz water
5:00 p.m. -- Snack: 1 cup carrots, 8 oz water
7:00 p.m. -- Dinner: 1 cup mixed salad greens, 1 cup cauliflower (raw), 3 oz chicken breast, 1 cup skim milk, multi-vitamin supplements, calcium supplement.

Hm...not much room for a snack...but my diet guidelines insist that I should eat tons and tons of veggies...as in there is no limit to how many I should eat in a day. So I was going to have a piece of toast with 1 tbs of peanut butter, but then I would have to limit my lunch to only one piece of bread rather than my usual two pieces...and I would go and fix myself up some carrots but that takes too much work. heh, I guess I'm just going to ignore my hunger for now and wait for lunch. I'll see how that works out. If I still feel hungry in an hour then maybe I'll fix myself a snack...I'll let you know later on today how it goes....and I'll post up some more pictures then, too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment