Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 29

Yipers, today I went walking for 2 whole hours! I was walking rather quickly, too. A guy on a bike was "cross-training" and pulled up next to me while I was walking and asked me if I was "in training" too. heh. I was wearing an "iron-man" t-shirt that I picked up somewhere - no, I have never been in an iron man competition thing...that's just crazy. I've never run a marathon either, and I don't think I ever will even though I love running and used to run in high school But yeah, I thought that was funny that he thought I was "in training"... but anyway, I'm thinking because I was walking rather briskly that I easily covered a mile every 15 minutes....which means, I walked about 8-9 miles today! wowzers. That's kind of impressive. then I got home and I ate a healthy lunch - roasted chicken deli slices, pickles, an apple and some almonds and of course, gallons of water. I was sooo thirsty when I got back. I mean, it was 94 degrees out there, not to mention the humidity. But...when dinner came around I payed for it. I started out well, but then i felt super duper quadruper (yes, it so is a word..ok probably not) hungry. And of course, Mary baked a cake...what is wrong with this girl. heh. she's like super skinny, like anorexic skinny.

anyway, I couldn't resist the cake, I was so hungry. I picked at it, because of course, putting it on a plate is just wrong! haha. then I had some spoon fulls of ice-cream, and two oreo cookies...and then 3 blow-pops ....heh..random assortment of food disasters at the end of my day. And now I have a super headache. I think it's from all the walking. I probably didn't drink enough water...I dunno. It's rather annoying...like I said earlier, I don't get headaches all that often...this is the second one in like a week. ugh. Probably the combination of all that sugar and too much time in the sun...vacation days...heh....i'm sort of letting the vacation kick me in the butt. You know what, I think I'm just going to stop trying so hard to be super good and just let myself enjoy vacation. It's only for a few more days - until thursday - so...yeah. Perhaps if I take the stress off of trying to eat right during vacation I won't be tempted to eat as much bad food.

2 comments:

  1. I think that's a good idea, enjoy the rest of your vacation and don't worry!
    Wow- that walk is VERY impressive!!! The walking itself and then it being SOOO hot on top of it!!! With all of that, the extra food might not effect you as bad as you think!
    Well, unless your head ache is from the extra sugar :(
    I hope it goes away- and yes, enjoy that vacation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh, thanks tina, I've been trying to enjoy the vacation, but yeah, the whole food thing is really getting to me! Ugh! heh, I'm going to have to figure out something for future vacations. But thanks for the encouragement. OH and I hope you work tessa's challenge. I know you can do it! heh. go tina.. and tessa! hehe. maybe you guys can tie for first or something. eheh. and I hope that new scale of yours works out well for you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete