Friday, March 19, 2010

New Beginnings!

Friday - 12:40 p.m.

(I don't know what's up with my blogging account, but it's always been a few hours behind and now I'm all confused as well! heh, but for the record, right now, it is Friday, March 19 and it is 12:41 p.m.)

Wow, so I'm super glad to finally be back! Heh, yes, my stupid diet - or lack thereof -- really did ruin my vacation, but I'll live. I'm actually just really glad to be back. I dunno what's wrong with me, but somehow self-control during this past week flew out the window. But yeah, the weather is beautiful, albeit hot! But the skies are super blue with big fluffy clouds and there is a breeze - even if the air that is blowing in the breeze is luke warm! heh. But the heat here is just one more reason why it pays to loose weight. The more weight I loose the less hot I feel and the more energy I have. So I have been thinking about it and I'm starting to despise how unhealthy America is. Our eating habits are so bad, it makes me mad even. I just read this expose thing on french culture and how even in their public schools the cafeteria serves a four course meal which has fruits and vegetables and protein and dairy - all very balanced. And the school even sends suggested menus home to the families and suggests what meals would best compliment nutritionally what the child ate for lunch. And all that's in a public school! Their obesity rate is far lower in children than it is in the U.S.. Ugh, most of our fast food is just so unhealthy or just completely unbalanced in nutrients. Oh well. I mean, I say this, but i still love eating McDonald's french fries and I still love eating greesy, fatty pizza hut pizza, and I will always love Doritos and Lays. I despise it, but I still love it! heh. Anyway! Today is a new, as well as extremely beautiful day, and I'm starting my "detoxing" session post haste!

Sadly, though, I went to bed at 4:00a.m. last night and so I didn't get up until around 11 today. That's annoying because it messes up my whole eating plan. But whatever. I woke up at 11 and had breakfast - an apple, 6 almonds and 1 cup of milk. It made me happy. I love routine. :) And as soon as I charge up my camera, I'll be uploading some pictures of me on vacation. Melissa brought her new rotweiller puppy, Ben, on the trip because he was too young to stay at home..he's adorable, although a bit scary! But yeah, we went exploring together one day and found a little deserted beach cove, and he loves the water so that was fun. But yeah, so tomorrow i'll upload some of those pictures. :)

1 comment:

  1. I used to have the same problem with the time on my blog. I changed the time by going to customize. Then select Format under the Settings tab.
    Oh I know what you mean about America being so unhealthy! I am not one of those that BLAMES the fast food places for my actions- BUT I am one that finds it hard to understand why anyone WONDERS why there are so many over weight! There is a fast food place on every corner (and in between)! Not to mention the schools that start our kids off eating unhealthy! Ugh.
    Anyway, I'm sorry your vacation was ruined :( I'm glad you had SOME fun, and I can't wait to see your pics!
    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete