Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 28 - (Day 1 of Subic Vacation!)

Alright, Day One of Subic:

There is a TON of junk food everywhere I look because all of us girls are staying in one tiny apartment up here together, with some of the guys next door in the other apartment thing. These people...they eat so much junk food and they still seem to be maintaining their weight....I honestly don't know how they do it....perhaps my metabolism really is slower than other people's. But it could be that I'm also shorter than all of them as well. Plus, and brace yourself for this, both my parents together weigh about 210 lbs...that's their NET weight people! Yeah, that's right, they both weigh about 105 pounds respectively. Yes...I come from "petite" Italian stalkiness....ahem I mean, stock! ;)

So for me, saying I want to be 110-115 pounds is generous because I'm even shorter than my mom and she still weighs less than me. But I do have a lot more muscle than her so I think that's the difference. Muscle does weigh more than fat, or, in my mom's case, lack of muscle period weighs less than muscle. heh she seems super fragile these days. She used to be a little overweight...overweight for her would mean like weighing 118 or something! heh. So a few years back she lost I guess 14 pounds to weight around 104 something around there. And I'd have to say, she did look a little frail as though she had lost some muscle, plus she just turned 60. But she now goes walking everyday and even lifts weights like three times a week plus people always say she looks way younger than she is, so yeah. I guess it's been good for her and honestly she does look healthy, and once she started walking again she looked much stronger even though she still weighs about 104-105. Plus, I also remember hearing a scientist on Discovery Channel say that people who were 10-15 pounds underweight actually lived significantly longer than those who were normal weight.

So, I'm glad my mom is slightly underweight, cuz that means she'll probably live for a long time! :) That gives me a lot of potential incentive, as in, when I'm her age I'm definitely going to make sure I stay slim. Just watching how active she is able to be at that age is really inspiring. She's such a good example to me, she really motivates me to stay healthy.

Anyway! heh, tonight we're ordering pizza - Yellow Cab pizza. Yummers. It's super good, very different from pizza hut pizza - which apparently, is not the only pizza place here, yay! :) But, I'm planning on only eating one piece this time...I hope I can resist the temptation to eat more. I think I'll make myself a BIG salad - like 3 cups of lettuce!! - and lots of veggies. I dunno, though. We'll see....wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you've already said, but how tall are you? I'm also very short, which makes how much I weigh even worse!
    Good luck with your dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey tina, I think your'e right, I don't think I ever said how tall I am. I'm 5'4 with super small bones. My grandma was super small boned too, and she was only 4'10! heh. small stock...small boned...small metabolisms...ugh. haha. but no...i mean, I'm glad I'm small, I like being small boned and not super tall - it means i'm NEVER taller than the guy i'm with which is good. Total pet peeve of mine to have the guy be smaller than me, but ever since middleschool that stopped being a problem!!! it's just that I don't like being pudgy AND small. haha.

    ReplyDelete